Vietnam War Dead of Pittsylvania County, Virginia
Following is a partial listing of the Vietnam War dead from Pittsylvania County, Virginia. Corrections, additions, and associated articles are solicited (see end of listing).
- Donald Wayne Adkins, PFC, U. S. Army, KIA 10/17/67
- Charles Edward Blair, Col., U. S. Air Force, HDM 11/27/73
- James Lloyd Brooks, Spec4, U. S. Army, KIA 11/21/68
- Frank Ray Compton, Lt., U. S. Navy, KIA 3/21/66
- Tommy Melvin Hawker, Gunner's Mate — Guns 2nd Class, U. S. Navy, KIA 10/1/72
- David Daniel Layne, Spec4, U. S. Army, KIA 3/7/69 (age 19, see obituary, Chatham Star-Tribune, March 20, 1969)
- Pink Milton Lynch, Jr., Spec5, U. S. Army, 10/4/66
- William Reynolds Martin, Capt., U. S. Air Force, HDM 11/18/64 (see Widow of Fallen Vietnam War Pilot Shares Memories, Danville Register and Bee, 12/13/12)
- Francis McLaughlin, PFC, U. S. Marine Corps, DOW 8/18/69
- Carlton Brandard Millner, Cpl, U. S. Army, KIA 2/7/70
- Robert Duval Owen, SFC, U. S. Army, HDM 11/15/73
- Clyde Douglas Shelton, Jr., Spec4, U. S. Army, KIA 6/4/67
- William Junior Tarpley, Sgt., U. S. Army, KIA 5/16/68
- George David Wallace, Sgt., U. S. Army, KIA 6/3/67
- Albert Witcher, Spec4, U. S. Army, KIA 11/15/65
- DNB: Died, Non-Battle
- DOI: Died of Injuries
- DOW: Died of Wounds
- DWC: Died While Captured
- DWM: Died While Missing
- FOD: Finding of Death
- HDM: Hostile, Died — Missing
- KIA: Killed in Action
The above is a partial listing of the Vietnam War dead from Pittsylvania County, Virginia. Send corrections and additions to this list; or links, text, and/or photos related to the individuals on the list by e-mail (please put “Vietnam War Dead, Pittsylvania County” in the subject line of your message), or by mail (with self-addressed, stamped envelope if materials are to be returned) to Mitchells Publications, P. O. Box 429 Chatham, VA 24531.
This website is sponsored by Mitchells Publications, Chatham, Virginia.
Copyright © 2003–2013 Patricia B. Mitchell.