Looking back from the end of Whittle Street (6/2005). Whittle Street here was once a cobblestone drive which continued to the Sims House, built by James Whittle at the end of the street. Whittle had purchased and begun to develop the ridge, which he called “Whittleton,” in 1856. In later years the street became known as “Whittletown.”
This website and its ChathamGuide.com portal are sponsored by Mitchells Publications. Its HistoricChatham.com portal is sponsored by Outstaffing.com.
Copyright © 2005–2006 Patricia B. Mitchell.