19 Pruden Street (9/2006). The old Chatham Theatre, built during the 1940's as a massive Quonset structure, is currently used by the Pittsylvania County government.
37 Pruden Street (9/2006). The old Chatham High School is currently known as the Educational and Cultural Center, and is part of the Pittsylvania County Schools central office complex.
6 Pruden Street (9/2006). During the mid-1900's this structure contained the dentistry office of Dr. Ernest Overbey, long-time mayor of Chatham.
14 Pruden Street (9/2006). During most of the 1900's this building served as a warehouse for Whitehead's/Elliott's Hardware, which fronted on Main Street. A second-story enclosed walkway, now removed, connected the buildings across Payne Street. This structure now houses CNJ Glass Company.
34 Pruden Street (9/2006). Built as Whitehead Implement Company, 34 Pruden Street and its auxiliary structures now serve Chatham Animal Clinic.
102 Pruden Street (9/2006).
Second residence on Pruden Street (9/2006).
Third residence on Pruden Street (9/2006).
Old ice house on the west bank of Tanyard Branch (9/2006). This was the location of the Bolanz Distillery around 1900.
Pruden Street entrance to Chatham Hall (9/2006).
This website is sponsored by Mitchells Publications.
Copyright © 2006 Patricia B. Mitchell.