Hargrave Boulevard
Chatham, Virginia

Edited by Henry Mitchell.

South Side


16 Hargrave Boulevard

16 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006).



20 Hargrave Boulevard

20 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006).



24 Hargrave Boulevard

24 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). Ingleside was built in 1844 for Dr. Chesley Martin, father of Lt. Col. Rawley White Martin, CSA, commander of the 53rd Virginia Infantry at the Battle of Gettysburg.



28 Hargrave Boulevard

28 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). This ranch-style house was built during the 1960's as a retirement home by Hargrave Military Academy's Lt. Col. E. A. Floyd and his wife Margaret Spruce Floyd.



32 Hargrave Boulevard

32 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). This American Foursquare - style house was originally the home of Dr. Ryland Sanford, first president of Hargrave Military Academy, and his family. Among the Sanford children were professional baseball player Jack Sanford and psychologists Fillmore Sanford and Nevitt Sanford.



36 Hargrave Boulevard

36 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). This is one of two facing faculty apartment buildings on the campus of Hargrave Military Academy.



North Side


21 Hargrave Boulevard

21 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). The Parrish home.



25 Hargrave Boulevard

25 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006).



29 Hargrave Boulevard

29 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). Now the Sanford home, this was known for many years as the Henry Oliver residence.1



33 Hargrave Boulevard

33 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006).



37 Hargrave Boulevard

37 Hargrave Boulevard (9/2006). This is one of two facing faculty apartment buildings on the campus of Hargrave Military Academy.



Source

  1. Frank Taylor, Chatham, Virginia, 2007.

This website is sponsored by Mitchells Publications.