This photograph is from the Chatham High School's 1965 yearbook, The Cavalier, and depicts the favorite hamburger hangout of the Chatham area during the 1960's, Wimpy's at Tightsqueeze. Basketball players, cheerleaders, and student fans have gathered after a game in early 1965.
Left to right in the photograph are:
- Tommy Weber, Wimpy's manager
- Sue Osborne, Wimpy's employee
- Bonnie Watson
- Jane Patterson
- Andrea Owen
- Cathy Harvey
- Barbara Cox (face obscured behind Cathy Harvey)
- David Hogg
- Jere Lea Brown
- G. W. Peery (face obscured behind Jere Lea Brown)
- Temple Moore
- Stuart Shields? (behind Pepsi dispenser)
- Kent Shelton
- L. G. Bryant
- ? (seated at counter)
- Gilbert Collins? or Jim Hyler?
- Emmett Martin
- Tommy Yeatts
- Troy Lee Thompson III
- Faye Shields (? - seated at counter)
- Jim Harper? or Perry Elliott?
- Jimmy Brooks
- Rodger Holley
- ? (obscured behind cash register)
The owner of Wimpy's was Raymond “Wimpy” Jones, father of Ricky Jones, present owner of Sir Richard's Steak House and Lounge in nearby Danville.
- Research assistance was provided by Kaye Elliott, Bill Fox, E. C. Grant, Rodger and Betty Holley, Ron Miller, G. W. and Faye Peery, Frank Taylor, and Wanda Yeaman.
This website is sponsored by Mitchells Publications.
Copyright © 2002–2005 Patricia B. Mitchell.